Applications & Taster Sessions
At Joseph Rowntree Sixth Form our application process includes:
- Taster Events
- Thursday 12 January 2017 – Our taster event will run from 9.30 (external students) and 10am (internal students). Students not currently at The Joseph Rowntree School will be offered further advice and guidance on the courses that we offer (our own Y11 students receive this information in assemblies). All students can then opt to enjoy a maximum of FOUR taster sessions during the course of the day. Booking is essential – internal students will receive application forms via transition links. External students can download a taster application form from our website. Places for our taster events will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Please return completed taster event forms to Ann Greenway email@example.com by Friday 9 December.
- Tuesday 10 January 2017 – students not currently at The Joseph Rowntree School can make an appointment to visit for a tour of the school including a question and answer session from 10am until 12 noon. To book, please contact Mrs Greenway directly on 552157 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline – application forms will be available after our Open Evening. Internal students will receive these via tutors and external students can download a copy of the application form from our website. The deadline for completed application forms is Friday 27 January 2017 for ALL students.
- Conditional offers – for internal students, conditional offers will be made on the basis of trial exam results and will be issued in early February 2017. Following an application from external students, a reference and predicted GCSE grades will be requested from the current school. A conditional offer will be made following receipt of this information.
- Confirmation – Final confirmation of places for ALL students takes place following the publication of GCSE results in August 2017.
If you are looking to make an application or visit us after the Open Evening and Taster Events have taken place, please contact Mrs Greenway on 01904 552157 or email email@example.com
6th form Applications
Taster Event booking form for Thursday 12 January 2017. Updated: 14/02/2017 (59 KB)
Application form for INTERNAL students Updated: 14/02/2017 (19 KB)
Application form for STUDENTS NOT CURRENTLY AT THE JOSEPH ROWNTREE SCHOOL. Updated: 14/02/2017 (21 KB)
Draft application form for INTERNAL students for the academic year 2018/2019. Updated: 14/02/2017 (163 KB)
Draft application form for STUDENTS NOT CURRENTLY AT THE JOSEPH ROWNTREE SCHOOL for the academic year 2018/2019 Updated: 14/02/2017 (180 KB)
Please email any responses to the draft policy/application forms to: